Random Acts of Flowers recycles and repurposes flowers by engaging
dedicated volunteer teams to deliver beautiful bouquets and moments of
kindness to individuals in healthcare facilities across the country.
- Shorter hospital stays
- Lower ratings of pain, anxiety, and fatigue
- Lower systolic blood pressure
- More positive feelings
- “The Mental Health Benefit of Flowers” (2013) The Huffington Post
- “Evolutionary Psychology” (2005) Rutgers University
- “Home Ecology of Flowers” www.AboutFlowers.com
- “Home Ecology Study” By Nancy Etcoff Ph.D.
- Theraputic Influences of Plants in Hospital Rooms on Surgical Recovery (2009) American Society for Horticultural Science
- Gardening, mental health and the real power of flowers (2009) The National Post