- Cymbidiums need high light, but direct light could burn the plant.
the foliage on the plant is dark green and limp, it is an indication
the plant needs more light. Ideally, the foliage should be a medium
green to yellowish green color.
- Cymbidums need bright light, but cool temperatures, especially to promote blooming.
- Cymbidiums prefer night time temperatures between 50-60°F and 75-85°F during the day.
- In winter months, the ideal temperatures are 45-55°F at night and 65-75°F during the days.
- It is very important that temperatures are consistent during blooming to prevent bud drop.
need to be watered consistently during the spring and summer months.
During the winter months watering should be reduced.
best way to water cymbidiums is to remove them from their decorative
pots and flush them with water for 1 to 2 minutes under a faucet. If
that is not possible, you can also place 5 or so ice cubes on the bark
once a week.
- During the summer months the ideal humidity level is 70% humidity. In winter 40-60% humidity is adequate.
- It is important to keep air circulating around the plant to prevent fungus.
- During the growing season cymbidiums need a fertilizer than is high in nitrogen like 30-10-10 or a ratio that is similar.
In winter, it is recommended to fertilize once per month, but only after watering to avoid burning.